There is nothing to be worried about if your dentist or endodontist prescribes a root canal treatment to treat a diseased or damaged tooth. Millions of people are treated and saved each year this way, relieving pain and making teeth healthy again.
Root Canal Treatment helps to repair and save a tooth, which is infected or badly decayed. Patients typically need a root canal when there is inflammation or infection in the roots of a tooth.
Root Canal Treatment Procedure
- Diagnosis – the dentist will take X-rays and will examine the X-ray to locate the decay.
- Pre-Procedure Activities – local anesthesia will be given and the dentist will place a dental dam or a small sheet of rubber to isolate the tooth, keeping it clean and dry during the procedure
- Pulpectomy – the diseased tooth pulp is removed by making an opening
- Filling - the roots that have been opened are filled with gutta-percha material and sealed off with cement
- It is advised not to chew on that side where root canal procedure is performed
- During the recovery process, avoid drinking very hot or cold drinks
- Rinse the mouth frequently lukewarm salty water
- Take doctor prescribed medicines
Advantages of saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment
- Efficient chewing
- Gives protection for other teeth from excessive wear or strain
- Normal biting force and sensation
- Natural appearance
Root Canal Treatment Recovery
It usually takes a week to completely recover from a root canal treatment.
L V Dental Square offers Root Canal treatment at Bangalore for infected tooth with the best orthodontist in Bangalore. We, at LV Dental Square, have kept our treatments at affordable rates and we do provide customized payment options that will be suited for each patient.
Mail Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org